定语从句是指在一个句子中作定语的句子，定语从句要放在所修饰的词后。 如：1) The man who lives next to us is a policeman.
2) You must do everything that I do. 上面两句中的 man 和 everything 是定语从句所修饰的词，叫先行词，定语从句放在先行词的后面。 引导定语从句的词有关系代词 that, which, who(宾格 who, 所有格 whose)和关系副词 where, when、why 关系词常有三个作用：1、引导定语从句 2、代替先行词 3、在定语从句中担当一个成分
二、关系代词引导的定语从句 1.who 指人，在从句中做主语 (1)The boys who are playing football are from Class One.
(2)Yesterday I helped an old man who lost his way.
2. whom 指人，在定语从句中充当宾语，常可省略。
(1) Mr. Liu is the person (whom) you talked about.
注意：关系代词 whom 在口语和非正式语体中常用 who 代替，可省略。
(3) The man who/whom you met just now is my friend.
3. which 指物，在定语从句中做主语或者宾语，做宾语时可省略
(1) Football is a game which is liked by most boys. ( which 在句子中做主语)
(2) This is the pen (which) he bought yesterday. ( which 在句子中做宾语)
4. that 指人时，相当于 who 或者 whom；指物时，相当于 which。
(5) The people that/who come to visit the city are all here. (在句子中做主语)
(6) Where is the man that/whom I saw this morning? (在句子中做宾语)
5. whose 通常指人，也可指物，在定语从句中做定语
(1) He has a friend whose father is a doctor.
(2) I lived in a house whose roof has fallen in.
(3)The classroom whose door is broken will soon be repaired.
=The classroom the door of which is broken will soon be repaired.
(5)Do you like the book whose color is yellow?
=Do you like the book the color of which is yellow?
(1)不用 that 的情况
(错)The tree, that is four hundred years old, Is very famous here.
We depend on the land from which we get our food.
We depend on the land that/which we get our food from.
(2) 只能用 that 作为定语从句的关系代词的情况
(a) 在 there be 句型中，只用 that，不用 which。
(b) 在不定代词，如：anything, nothing, the one, all 等作先行词时，只用 that，不用 which。
(c) 先行词有 the only, the very,the same,the last,just 修饰时，只用 that。
(d) 先行词为序数词、数词、形容词最高级时，只用 that,不能用 which。.
(h)先行词是 the way 或 the reason 时，that 可作关系副词，也可省略
(i) 主句的主语是疑问词 who /which 时
Is this the book that you borrowed in the library?
Who that break the window should be punished．
All that is needed is a supply of oil.
Finally, the thief handed everything that he had stolen to the police.
三、关系副词引导定语从句 关系副词 关系副词：在句中作状语 关系副词=介词+关系代词 why=for which where=in/ at/ on/ ... which (介词同先行词搭配) when=during/ on/ in/ ... which (介词同先行词搭配) 1. where 指地点，在定语从句中做地点状语用来表示地点的定语从句。 (1) Shanghai is the city where I was born. (2) The house where I lived ten y ears ago has been pulled down. 2. when 引导定语从句表示时间。在定语从句中做时间状语也可做连接词用 (1) I still remember the day when I first came to the school. (2) The time when we got together finally came. [注]表示时间“time"一词的定语从句只用 when 引导，有时不用任何关系代词，当然也不用 that 引导。 By the time you arrived in London, we had stayed there for two weeks.
I still remember the first time I met her. 我仍然记得我第一次见到她。
Each time he goes to business trip, he brings a lot of living necessities, such as towels, soap, toothbrush
3. why 指原因 在定语从句中做原因状语
(1) Please tell me the reason why you missed the plane.
(2) I don’t know the reason why he looks unhappy today.
(1) The reason why/ for which he refused the invitation is not clear,
(2) From the year when/in which he was going to school he began to know what he wanted when he grew up.
注：1）介词后面的关系代词不能省略。 2）that 前不能有介词。 3） 某些在从句中充当时间，地点或原因状语的"介词+关系词"结构可以同关系副词 when ,where 和 why 互换。
This is the house in which I lived two years ago.
This is the house where I lived two years ago.
Do you remember the day on which you joined our club? Do you remember the day when you joined our club?
This is the reason why he came late. This is the reason for which he came late.
Check the ways you study for an English test.
Another thing that I found very difficult was English grammar.
You couldn’t understand people who talked fast.
I have some ideas that may help.
They said something you didn’t like.
Can you think of any problems you have had recently?
He would always take pride in everything good I do.
My friends and I talked about the rules that we have in school.
10. What are some of the rules that a teenager should obey?
12. If you know anyone else who collects them, please tell me.
13. Standing very close to the person you are talking with is quite common in some countries.
14. If you know someone you know doing this, you can ask them.
15. All I ever wanted to do was traveling.
二、用关系代词填空：that 、which 、who、 whom 、whose
This is the man ________ wants to see you.
The student ___________ answered the question is Zhang Hua.
3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12.
The man __________ you went to see has come. The man ___________I met yesterday lent me some money. The woman _______________ you saw is our geography teacher. The runner ________________ you are asking about is over there. The person ______________ you should write to is Mr. Ball. The man ___________was passing by saw what happened. Here is the pen _________ you lost the day before yesterday. These books _____________ you lent me were very useful. The storybook ____________ I have just read cannot be easily forgotten. A clock is a machine ______ tells people the time.
This is shirt _______________I bought yesterday.
A dictionary is a book _____________ gives the meaning to the word.
The book ____________ is on the table is mine.
The film ____________ they are talking about is very interesting.
I will never forget the people and the places _____ I have ever visited.
Is there anyone ____________ family is in Beijing?
Show me the boy ______________ mother is a well-known singer.
The boy______ father is a teacher is good at English.
( ) 1. Your teacher of Chinese is a young lady____ comes from Beijing.
( ) 2. What’s the name of the program________.
A. which are listening
B. you are listening to
C. to that you are listening
D. that you are listening
( ) 3. The students were all interested ____ you told them yesterday.
A. in which B. in that this C. all that
D. in everything
( ) 4. He was the only person in his office______ was invited.
( ) 5. This is the museum______ we visited last year.
B. in which
D. in that
( ) 6. Charlie told his mother all____ had happened.
( ) 7. Do you know the student_____?
A. whom I often talk
B. with who I often talk
C. I often talk with
D. that I often talk
( ) 8. I like the house_____ windows face south.
( ) 9. Would you tell me where to get the dictionary _____?
A. what I need B.I need
C. which I need it D. that I need it
( )10. The young woman_____ I spoke just now is a young doctor.
B. to whom
1. Don’t talk about such things of _______ you are not sure.
B. what C. as
5. The wolves hid themselves in the places __________ couldn’t be found.
C. in which
D. in that
6. The freezing point is the temperature __________ water changes into ice.
A. at which
B. on that
C. in which
D. of what
7. This book will show you __________ can be used in other contexts..
A. how you have observed
B. what you have observed
C. that you have observed
D. how that you have observed
8. The reason is __________ he is unable to operate the machine.
9. I’ll tell you __________ he told me last week.
A. all which
B. that C. all that
10. That tree, __________ branches are almost bare, is very old.
B. of which
C. in which
D. on which
11. I have bought the same dress __________ she is wearing.
12. He failed in the examination, __________ made his father very angry.
13. We’re talking about the piano and the pianist _______ were in the concert we attended last night.
B. whom C. who
14. The girl ________ an English song in the next room is Tom’s sister.
A. who is singing
B. is singing
C. sang D. was singing
15. Those _______ not only from books but also through practice will succeed.
C. that learns
D. who learn
16. Anyone ________ this opinion may speak out.
A. that against
B. that against
C. who is against
D. who are against
17. Didn’t you see the man ________?
A. I nodded just now
B. whom I nodded just now
C. I nodded to him just now
D. I nodded to just now
18. Can you lend me the novel ______ the other day?
A. that you talked
B. you talked about it
C. which you talked with
D. you talked about
19. Is there anything _______ to you?
A. that is belonged
B. that belongs
C. that belong
D. which belongs
20. ---- “How do you like the book?”
---- “It’s quite different from _______ I read last month.”
C. the one
D. the one what
21. Mr. Zhang gave the textbook to all the pupils except _______ who had already taken them.
A. the ones
B. ones C. some
D. the others
22. The train _______ she was travelling was late.
B. where C. on which
D. in that
23. He has lost the key to the drawer _______ the papers are kept.
B. in which
C. under which
24. Antarctic _______ we know very little is covered with thick ice all the year round.
B. where C. that
D. about which
25. It’s the third time _______ late this month.
A. that you arrived
B. when you arrived
C. that you’ve arrived
26. It was in 1969 _______ the American astronaut succeeded in landing on the moon.
D. in which
27. May the fourth is the day ______ we Chinese people will never forget.
C. on which
D. about which
28. We are going to spend the Spring Festival in Guangzhou, _______ live my grandparents and some relatives.
C. who D. where
29. The hotel _______ during our holidays stands by the seaside.
A. we stayed at
B. where we stayed at
C. we stayed
D. in that we stayed
30. Is it in that factory _______ “Red Flag” cars are produced?A. in which
三选择 1-5 ADACC 6-10 ACABB[参考答案]
AADAD 1. 若不给自己 设限， 则人生 中就没 有限制 你发挥 的藩篱 。2. 若 不是心 宽似海 ，哪有 人生风 平浪静 。在纷 杂的尘 世里， 为自己 留下一 片纯静 的心灵 空间， 不管是 潮起潮 落，也 不管是 阴 晴圆缺， 你都可 以免去 浮躁， 义无反 顾，勇 往直前 ，轻松 自如地 走好人 生路上 的每一 步 3. 花一些 时间， 总会看 清一些 事。用 一些事 情，总 会看清 一些人 。有时 候觉得 自己像 个神经 病。既 纠结了 自己， 又打扰 了别人 。努力 过后， 才知道 许多事 情，坚 持坚持 ，就过 来了。4 . 岁月 是 无情的， 假如你 丢
给它的是 一片空 白，它 还给你 的也是 一片空 白。岁 月是有 情的， 假如你 奉献给 她的是 一些色 彩，它 奉献给 你的也 是一些 色彩。 你必须 努力， 当有一 天蓦然 回首时 ，你的 回忆里 才会多 一些色 彩斑斓 ，少一 些苍白 无力。 只有你 自己才 能把岁 月描画 成一幅 难以忘 怀的人 生画卷 。